Pin It

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cupcakes and Friends

I got this itch to bake cupcakes for my good friend, Fernanda's Birthday.  Now my family and friends will tell you that I am not the baker...but my sister is a Pastry Chef so I've got to have some skill in my genes, Right?  

My recipe was... Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream.  The Cupcakes themselves came out fine.  My first attempt at making Caramel was comical.  I'm sure someone was secretly video taping me and i'll find it on Youtube one day.  My sister tried to talk me through it, but it's hard to do over the phone.  We probably should have skyped.  At one point she turned off her phone (granted it was 10:00pm EST).  I tried to go all "DIY" and make little cupcake flags for decoration.  All in all my Mission was accomplished and my friends thought they were edible (they didn't just try a bite and say they were good...they ate the whole thing).  Watch out Michelle, your sister may challenge you to a "Cupcake War"! 




No comments:

Post a Comment